Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, August 22, 2014

S'more Questions and Answers :)

I have been nominated for the Liebster award (again:) this time by Katy from  http://amdgcrafting.wordpress.com:)!

The 11 Facts

1. I got nominated today to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, so I have to do that tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited!

2. Vacation cannot come soon enough. The beach and the city are going to be AH-MAZING. And inspiring. I'm thinking I need to put a strap on my laptop so I can carry it around everywhere :)

3. I am partially excited to go back to school. Not the work load though. It's gonna be tough.

4. I really want to go swing dancing. Like right now. With someone who's good at it!

5. I think a typewriter would be super cool (and fun) to have.

6. My favorite color combo is turquoise and brown. I've kind of planned my entire life around it. I went to a wedding once where those were the colors and my heart was just so happy :3

7.  I have a special devotion to St. Anthony of Padua. He's just my saint. There's a funny little story of how that came, too. Six or seven years ago I was hopelessly looking for a sweater on Thanksgiving. I had looked everywhere and gone through every piece of clothing. That was the first time I asked him for help. I said "If you find me the sweater, I promise I'll pray to you everyday for the rest of my life". Pretty silly sounding just for a sweater, right? Well St. Anthony didn't find it so silly. A minute later I went to the back of my closet and what do you know, the sweater was hanging where I knew I had already looked. And almost everyday since then, he's never let me down.

8. I am super nervous of anyone reading my writing (Julia is the exception:). I had a bad experience once when I shared something too early and it kind of bruised me permanently.

9. I love love love making jewelry! I'm taking another class this year and I cannot wait for it!!!! I really want to try metal stamping. You can make the coolest rings and other stuff with quotes, numbers, and Bible verses!

10. I am a big time procrastinator. That seriously needs to change.

11. I am recently into animal prints.
 
Here's the questions I am to answer
 
1.) Have you ever watched Blimey Cow?
No, but I think I have to now. I know a lot of people who like it. A lot.
 
2.) What made you want to start a blog?
I wanted a place I could come and write and express and have fun basically :). And I obsess over a lot of stuff, so it's fun to make posts about those things.
 
3.) Use three words to describe yourself.
 A Romantic, Idealist, and Cautious.

 
 
4.) Use a gif to describe yourself

I haven't even seen/read Harry Potter but yeah. That's totally me.
 
5.) What book character are you most like?
 I don't really know...I haven't read anything where I've thought I'm like anyone. But I bleed into my own characters in my books, because I live vicariously through them. So, yeah.
 
6.) How do you feel about octopuses?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........I'm kind of freaked by anything in the ocean. Especially ones that have more than two fins (er, tentacles).
 
7.) What is the weirdest food you’ve ever tasted?
Buttermilk. Sounds appealing, right? WRONG. It's like drinking sour cream. I spat it out.
 
8.) Frozen or Tangled?
Tangled. Sorry, I'm so sorry. I know I'm gonna be in trouble for that.
 
9.) What do you think of Lady Gaga?
 I think she's a sad lost soul from the Catholic faith. I truly feel bad for anyone who doesn't know God. It's sad when it's not their fault because of their upbringing, but it's really heartbreaking to me when people stray away from The Faith. I mean, I know Him so I can't really imagine leaving Him. It'd be unfathomable. I could never carry on with my life knowing He's still there.


 
10.) Who is your role model?
 I have two main ones. They're these two mid 20ie's young cowgirl women who are happily married to wonderful husbands and one of them just had a baby. They also happen to be best friends. I want to be like them.
 
11.) What is the first item on your bucket list?
I need to meet Keith Urban. And get married (not to Keith:). And have a baby. They're all really super important!

7 comments:

  1. I love Tangled more than Frozen too! Yay! :D
    Just saying, the ALS ice bucket challenge supports the researchers who use cells from aborted babies for research. Might want to rethink that...
    Blimey Cow is amazing. Go watch it right now. :)
    I thin k that I'm a lot like you from how you describe yourself on here. Just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just learned that about the Ice Challenge today. I didn't donate ANY $$$ or post my video....but I still wanted to see if I could take it. It actually wasn't that bad. Or maybe seemed less intense because I spent a ton of time beforehand mowing in the blazing sun! Hahaha :)
      It's surprising when people find out how alike they really are when they do these little facts and quizzes! But I guess that's because I feel better opening up on here than I do in "real life"

      Delete
    2. I know someone who posted her video and donated to the JP II Medical Research Institute instead. Judging from the name, I'd say they're a worthy investment. ;)

      Delete
    3. I saw that too. People all over are doing it and donating to other organizations, I guess.

      Delete
    4. You should be proud, Katy. I stayed up late last night watching tons of Blimey Cow. Thought it was very hard not to laugh too loud, I didn't even wake up my sis :)

      Delete
  2. St. Anthony is the BEST. I lose things all the time and he always finds them. No way that's a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia me and St. A are like THIS *crosses fingers together* :))) And that is not just because he is super awesome at finding my stuff! Haha :) I'm always praying the Novena card of his I have. There's rarely a day I go without being in the middle of his Novena!

      Delete