Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Liebster Award

I have been nominated by Julia ( http://runningthroughthestars.blogspot.com/) for the Liebster Award! :D I love these things. The only problem is I have no one else to nominate, soooo, if YOU who are reading this have a blog, give me a follow and I'll nominate you next time!
Here's my 11
1. I am obsessed with whole milk. It is delicious and amazing. I used to only ever have 2% and hated it, I never drank it, and then one day I tried whole for a recipe. My life will never be the same.

2. I actually really love hats but am not sure where to wear them or what to wear them with :/ . I'm going to work on that this year.

3. I am addicted to Polyvore! It's fantastic. It's like paper dolls for grown ups. And it's completely essential for writing. Characters need clothes too!

4. I have a countdown calendar going for how many days until I see Celtic Thunder. It's a giant green, white, and orange paper chain that I tear off a piece everyday. It's gotten considerably shorter since I started it near 200 pieces. I think I'm somewhere around 110 now. Woot woot!

5. I am beyond proud of making Thunderheads out of my dear friends Caroline (if she wishes me to keep her name private, I will use her middle name instead:) and Julia. I now have people to fangirl with other than my sister. She is proud too. I did done good.

6. I used to bite my nails but then I stopped about five years ago, and just recently have been doing it again. I think I do it when I'm stressed (which has been more than usual lately) and don't even realize I did it until it's done.

7. I have four earrings but got my ears pierced six times (yeah, ouch). The first ones went fine, but then the seconds were too close to the first, so I took them out and they healed. Then I got them redone. I just told an eight year old who's looking to get hers done, "It doesn't hurt that much!"....sorry in advance. Really sorry. It DOES hurt. Trust me, I've had it done six times.

8. I think it's really important to have role models, and not just meaning celebrities who you want to sing or look like. Someone(s) you can talk to, do things with, and really just admire/aspire to be like (but in your own way, of course:).

9. I don't like popcorn that much but for some reason I consume it anyways when it's in front of me :/

10. Cartons of iced coffee you can drink at home (they look like a juice carton) have to be the best invention since frozen yogurt. And I am a frozen yogurt addict. Cheesecake bites are the best topping.

11. Which brings me to my final fact, this is my 11th blog post :O

And now here's the 11 questions from Julia:

1. What do you think about selfies?
I like doing them, I think they're fun and I'll use one once in a while for a profile picture but I never post more than one at a time and try not to change it too often. That feels weird. When it's all other people post it says something about them. No thanks.

2. What are some of your hobbies?

I listen to music a LOT, is that a hobby? I also like playing guitar. And if I had one, piano (I have a keyboard though). Sewing is lots of fun too. When I make my quilt I'll do a post about it :).

3. Do you like to wear skirts?

Yes and no. I like the way they look (most of the time), the way they feel and how fun they are. But I don't like having to always worry about it flying up or sitting down wrong <:{

4. Do you think it was moral of the trolls to "Leave the fun" in Anna's memory, and thus tormenting her when her parents locked Elsa away?

I don't think they should've meddled with her mind at all. Why was it so bad for her to know about her sister's powers? Maybe she could've helped Elsa, and she would have learned when she was young to control her powers. There were so many ways they could've avoided disaster.

5. What's your least favorite part about Frozen?

Probably the fact that the parents were not very understanding or helpful. They were kind of abusive, actually, locking Elsa away. But that's a debate I care not to get into!

6. What else could libraries be for instead of books?

Maybe for......instruments? That'd be fun! Check out a violin one week, a new guitar the next!

7. What six words describe yourself?

I didn't mean to go for all D words, but it just started and I couldn't help myself :)
Determined
Devout
Down-to-earth
Diligent
Deep
Dreamer


8. What's your favorite thing about your personality?

Um.....maybe that I won't accept defeat unless it absolutely happens. There's sometimes I want to cry over things but the nagging little voice in the back of my head says "Hey, this isn't how this will end. You still have time. You can change this. Nothing is finished yet."

9. Answer this: What's another word for Thesaurus?

A treasury of words

10. Do you repost things on social media that tell you to repost them (For example, "Facebook will donate a dollar for every like this picture of suffering children gets")?

Absolutely not. I don't believe in them, and most of the time they're hoaxes.

11. What's your favorite writing website (For example, visuwords.com or a blog with great tips)?

Web MD is fantastic for medical research, and Jill Williamson's website is great for writing worksheets!

10 comments:

  1. Uh.... Did you forget the answers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It posted before I was done! Bad blog, rude, rude! Now it's complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using Polyvore and love it! Some book blogger told me about it, but I wasn't sure who all used it for writing or even if anyone did! I think that I followed your blog, but I'm not sure that it worked...
    JMJ
    Katy
    www.amdgcrafting.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love spreading Jill Williamson love. You should totally read her books! And it's nice to know someone else agrees with me on Elsa's parents. I don't know if Catherine took their side or not, but she did at least speak in their defense. But SO MUCH could have been avoided if they had reacted differently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Katy welcome to my blog!!! Thank you for the follow (or at least attempted follow, haha:)! Sorry I seem overly excited you're just the first person (other than Julia:) outside of who I actually know who has commented and followed :D. I noticed you put JMJ and on your blog you mention Catholic Icing, because that's cool, I'm also Catholic! :). And so is Julia. Her blog is www.runningthroughthestars.blogspot, and she has TONS of writing/reading goodies if that's your thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I actually found you through Julia's blog. :) Yep, I LOVE reading and writing.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I'll have some writing related posts on here too :).

      Delete
  6. What is Polyvore? Do you put outfits together? Do they have links to where you can buy the clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that's exactly what it is :) you can find ANY item and they have links for where you can buy them too! It's super helpful for writing

    ReplyDelete