Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, August 4, 2014

And A Tee Shirt

One year ago today, around this very time in fact, I was standing amongst many, screaming at the top of my lungs. But the man I screamed at never even looked at me. He waved but didn't see me. Or at least, I can't say for sure he never saw me. Weird way to start a post, right? :)

I screamed because I was at a concert. And it was the most important day of my life (up to a certain point). I was going to see my hero, my "confidant", my 'best friend', the man I practically worship.

Keith Urban.

I'd been waiting since I got the tickets in April, and the fact that the day was finally here was mind boggling. Keith is that one person who has "seen me through" everything. He's the one I fall back on. I will meet him, I know it. I can feel it in my heart. I remember the long drive to get there, having dinner out but not feeling like eating because I was so scared. Scared the way Rapunzel was.

"It's just that I've waited for so long...what if it's not everything I ever imagined it would be?"
"It will."
"But what do I do after?"
"Well, I guess that's the best part. You get to find a new dream."

But it was everything I imagined. When he simply came out from behind the curtain to walk on stage, I shot up out of my seat and screamed. He grabbed a banjo and started playing, and I cried. This was real. Not just a dream. His voice is even more amazing in person. He sang almost all my favorites and then some.  He even opened with the song I predicted he would, "Long Hot Summer". He interacts with the audience, he's funny, charming, and full to the brim of energy. He even came into the crowd (nowhere near me, maybe 50 feet at closest, but I vowed if he did come down my isle I WOULD trample down anyone who got in my way! haha ;). And yes, his hair really is that awesome, even from a distance.

And find a new dream I did, but I still have the dream of meeting him. Now, the night seems all like a really crazy, amazing dream. But I have pictures, and pictures are proof. And a tee shirt.

*note: this is not my photo, it's one from the show I went to. I got it from Keith's Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment