Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter 2016! And What It Means To Me

"He has been raised"
Crazier words have never been spoken. It's kind of easy to think of Jesus' life almost in a fairytale like form, where its a cool story with some magic and twists, but what if that was happening today? Picture this: someone you know died. And you saw it happen. You went to their funeral, there was just no doubt about it, they were dead. Now imagine three days later, someone coming up to you and saying they just saw that person ALIVE. You'd probably be a bit freaked out and scared and a whole lot concerned about this other person's mental health. And, you'd probably want to see it for yourself...

So it's easy to hear the story of the Resurrection and say "ha, that silly Thomas. How could you doubt Jesus?!"

Now come back to modern day; if you really think about if you were in that situation, you'd probably be doubting a lot too. Even if you'd seen Jesus's miracles and He said He was going to rise, you'd probably be really doubtful because especially everything in medical science points to the plain impossible fact that you can't come back from the dead-- especially after THREE whole days!! That kind of thing puts everything for your faith on the line. In a way, we are all doubting Thomas'.
As Christians, the Resurrection calls us to believe the impossible. There is no other religion on the earth like this.

For me, it relates a lot to my life where I say all the time "Jesus I don't know what I'm doing I need you to show me how everything's going to turn out okay I can't possibly wait any longer." And instead of getting showed exactly what I'm supposed to do at the exact timing (aka also known as MY    timing), Jesus says "Why do you doubt Me when I've led you through the valley before? Why are you so little of faith when I already hold your whole life in My hands, you suddenly don't trust Me now?"

The world says "Show me, and I'll trust you", but Christ says "Trust Me and I'll show you". That's the kind of life it's terribly hard to lead but the only one we can fully grasp and have true joy in.
I hope this has raised a question to your mind as to what Easter means for you and maybe this brought a new light to your mind this beautiful Easter Day.

Sláinte!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment